Manufactured by GSM outdoors, the Stealth Cam trail cameras are achieving undeniable quality and reputation throughout the world. One of their top-notch products, Stealth cam p12, is one of the more popular game cameras from this brand. Our Stealth Cam p12 review will give you a brief idea of its quality and capabilities. So hang around to know more about this amazing product and its specifications.
This is a programmable game camera with the power to shoot still photos and videos by maintaining great quality. It also has the function to take still photos in several modes. The daylight shooting is marvelous as it should be, but that’s not all, the Stealth Cam P12 can also shoot great quality photos at night. It doesn’t compromise with its photo quality even at night.
The Stealth Cam P12 comes with a strap. With this strap you can attach the camera to trees and fenceposts, or any other mount. The tripod mount in its base is designed for other mounting usage giving more flexibility.
Water resistant capability is also one of its most useful qualities. The case of the body is designed to resist water. It is proven by several test projects. But still, the best part would be its eight canon AA batteries. It keeps it powered on for a very long time.
Stealth Cam P12 Features
- 6.0 Megapixel Images
- Adjustable image resolution (Hi 6MP/Med 4MP/Lo 2MP)
- Video recording 30/15/5 seconds (VGA 640×480)
- 12 IR LED flash with a range up to 50ft
- Images stamped with time, date and moon phase info
- Trigger speed >1second, recovery time 5 seconds
- Quick Set Dial
- Test Mode for testing the PIR sensor coverage area
- Burst Mode 1-6 images per triggering
- 5/10/15/30/60/120 second trigger delay options
- External LCD status display with battery indicator
- SD Card slot up to 32GB
- USB output and external 12V power jack
- Durable Digital 3-D Camo Housing
- Python cable lock compatible
- Operates on 8 AA batteries
The P12 is a 6.0 Megapixel compact scouting camera. It offers to cover around 50 feet detection area. Its Energy Efficient design provides longer power of the battery. Burst Rapid-Fire Mode and Quick Set provide quick shots of the game in the detection zone.
It not only offers a decent detection area but also a wide one too. The P12 will provide you with an exact coverage of its detection area with an accurate angle and distance from every way possible.
You will get quite good quality images with this trail camera. The images are sharp and colorful with good contrast. There is very little or no blur in the images even though the trigger speed of Stealth Cam P12 is not among the fastest ones.
Unfortunately, the qualities of nighttime images aren’t that good compared with its daytime images. Images of moving objects don’t come out that good and are often a little blurry. On the other hand, modest IR flash of the Stealth Cam P12 ensures that you should not experience whiteout in the pictures with this camera.
Ease of Use
- QSET1: 6MP images – 30-sec delay – 3 images per trigger
- QSET2: 6MP images – 30-sec delay – 1 image per trigger
- QSET3: VGA video– 30-sec delay – 10-sec length
- CUSTOM: 4MP images – 5-sec delay – 1image per trigger (This is default setting but can be changed by the user)
- TEST MODE: Mode for determining camera’s PIR sensor coverage area.
- Great daytime image quality.
- Rather great quality images in a cheap price bracket.
- Easy to use with its EZ Dial Programming.
- One of the cheapest trial cameras with much more beneficial qualities.
- Custom setups can be tricky
- Can be slow to trigger
- No trigger description defined by the manufacturer
- Night pictures can be blurry
- Recovery times is too long
So from this Stealth Cam P12 review let’s point out the main key points.
One of the best things about this product has to be its price, as it is one of the most affordable ones on the market. It will definitely get the work done if you are looking for a budget option to take daytime photos. The video setting does not have the feature to record audio. And sometimes it can get some watercolor effects which could be annoying. You certainly can’t expect great video qualities like the still photos.
But there are some unique advantages that might just catch your attention. Programming the P12 Stealth Cam is a lot easier then it has been ever before with its EZ easy Quick Set dial that has three Preset modes, along with the manual set-up mode, preventing frustration as you set up your gear into the field.
The low price range of this product will give you the opportunity to buy several more of these trail cameras for much better scouting experience. And it will definitely last you with its great built quality. The camera takes good pictures and is very flexible when it comes to resolution burst settings etc. And the water-resistant case can be a big plus regarding this price range too.
Just keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Great quality, but the reaction time is just a little slow…
Stealth Cam P12 is already among the top 15 best-selling trail camera models at Amazon. It is highly probable that it will be among the top 5 in the near future. We have also reviewed The Stealth Cam P18 model, which can be viewed here.